All you need to know about what to expect on walk day!
PLEASE NOTE: The walk will start on Dury Avenue, not inside the Zoo. When you arrive for the walk, please proceed directly to the Cincinnati Walks for Kids area on Dury Avenue.
Please do not enter the Zoo prior to the walk.
Who: Cincinnati Children's and you!
What: The Cincinnati Walks for Kids – a scenic half-mile stroll through the Zoo.
For participants wondering about walking up (or down!) the big "bear hill" at the Zoo while pushing wheelchairs or strollers, don't worry. While you'll be free to explore the entire zoo on your own after the walk, the walk route avoids the big hills to ensure an enjoyable experience for everyone.
When: Saturday, Sept. 24, at 4:30 pm.
Where: Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden. No need to try and find street parking the day of the event, there will be plenty of free parking in our garages and surface lots. See directions and parking information.
How: Register to walk, join a team or create a team. Registration is $25 for adults and $5 for children 17 and younger. All registered participants will receive an official 2016 Cincinnati Walks for Kids T-shirt, a personal fundraising page and exclusive admission to the Zoo for the evening.
When Does the Fun Begin?
- Walker Check-In: 4:30 pm, you can begin your walk as soon as you check-in!
- Exclusive Zoo access: 5 – 8 pm
Team Meet-Up Area
Find your teammates before the walk. The Team Meet-Up Area will be located in the Dury Ave. parking lot near the registration tent. Five meet-up tents will include letters of the alphabet, A-E, F-J, K-O, P-T and U-Z. One tent will be available for corporate teams and one for our top fundraisers. Complimentary face painting will be available in all meet-up tents while you wait for your teammates.
Don’t forget to check out all of the fun Cincinnati Walks for Kids activities located throughout the Zoo, including:
- Face painting at Walker Check-In and the Safari Camp Shelters
- Live musical entertainment at the finish line
- Carousel and train rides
- Animal encounters: Meet some of the Zoo's cutest animals up-close and in-person.
- Cheetah show: 30-minute show featuring the world's fastest animal at 6:15 and 7:30 pm.
- Eat Like an Animal: The plan is simple – learn how to Eat Like an Animal! Our Community Relations department partners with the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden to promote healthy eating and exercise for kids with the Eat Like an Animal program.