Event Day Information
Cincinnati Walks for Kids promises to be a roaring good time for everyone!
PLEASE NOTE: The walk will start on Dury Avenue, not in the Zoo. When you arrive for the walk, please proceed directly to the Cincinnati Walks for Kids area on Dury Avenue.
After a brief opening ceremony on Dury Avenue at 4:30 pm, we will proceed into the Zoo. Please do not enter the Zoo prior to the walk.
The Zoo will be yours to explore during and after the walk. There will be face painting, visits from the Zoo’s animal ambassadors, and several health stations where you can take part in some fun activities. The Zoo’s train and concessions will be up and running, too!
When Does the Fun Begin?
- Walker Check-In: 3 - 4:30 pm
- Opening ceremony: 4:30 pm
- Exclusive zoo access: 5 - 8 pm
Team Meet-Up Area
Find your teammates the morning of the walk. The Team Meet-Up Area will be located in the Dury Ave. parking lot near the registration tent.
Walkers will join together to celebrate and honor the patients, families and caregivers of Cincinnati Children’s and salute the community’s commitment to improving the health of children.
Don’t forget to check out all of the fun Cincinnati Walks for Kids activities located throughout the Zoo including:
- Face painting at the Safari Camp Shelters
- Health and safety stations at the Safari Camp Shelters
- Live musical entertainment at the Vine Street Village
- Carousel and train rides
- Animal encounters: Meet some of the Zoo's cutest animals up-close and in-person.*
- Cheetah show: 30-minute show featuring the world's fastest animal.*
Download and print the event day schedule.
Located at the Wings of Wonder Amphitheater, this quiet space is reserved for families to take a moment to reflect and honor their loved ones. Families will be able to write messages to their loved ones to place in a Remembrance Fountain, located in the center of the amphitheater.