You've got your team and your sneakers ready to go. Now what?
Get Your Team Moving.
Here are some quick tips to help motivate your team and get everyone excited for the walk!
- Set a Team Goal – and a Stretch Goal. Setting a team goal is the first step to success and helps to create a team bond. It helps everyone feel involved and invested in helping the team succeed. Setting a stretch goal – one that’s just a little bigger than your team’s regular goal – can help to motivate teammates to fundraise even further.
- Send regular emails to your team. This not only helps you track how your teammates are doing on their fundraising goals, but you can also share encouragement, news and plan fundraising events to help your team reach (or exceed) your goal.
- Gather as a group. Go for ice cream, meet up at a park, go to the Zoo and scope the route whatever your team likes to do! Meeting in person helps everyone stay motivated – and gives you a chance to share creative new ideas for raising funds and having fun at the walk.
- Customize a team T-shirt to wear on walk day!
- Hold a fundraising night at a local restaurant.
- Come together to decorate T-shirts and signs for walk day.
- Highlight your top fundraiser on the team and ask her/him to share her/his tips.
- Share a story about a patient who will benefit from your support.
- Get social. Encourage your teammates to post updates and ask for support on Facebook and other social media sites. Be sure they're sharing statuses and raising awareness of team fundraising activities!
- Sign up for Team Fundraising Days. We will be hosting two team fundraising days at Cincinnati Children's to help teams raise money to reach their goals. Find out more.